Oh, how lovely Sunday breakfasts can be, when you have the time to really enjoy the day. While you are slowly getting ready for the day, you finally have time to enjoy a long and wholesome first meal.
For those people who usually have breakfast fried egg in their routine, the tofu scramble can be a very nice and light Cholesterol free alternative.
You can even make that stuff taste like egg, if you have some kala namak salt. Kala namak contains high amounts of sulfur, which is causing the typical smell and taste of eggs.
Combined with some bread and fresh vegetables, you can let your scramble be a rich addition to your wholesome breakfast.
So enjoy cooking this recipe and let me know on Instagram by linking @vegancleanbites
- 400 g Tofu Firm
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 50 g Mushrooms
Spices and Oi
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 pinches Parsley chopped
- 2 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 pinch Kala Namak
- Rinse a tofu and pat it dry with some kitchen paper. Press some more water out of it with the use of two cutting boards pressed together. Move the tofu into a bowl and crumble it with your hands.Cut the onion into small bits, press the garlic and slice the mushrooms.
- Mix the spices and the oil with the tofu and mix well. Then, add the veggies.Heat a pan and fry the tofu. Stir occasionally, let the tofu get some color while resting. But don't burn it.After 5 minutes it should be done.
- (Optional): After frying add some kala namak to give it an egg taste. But be very careful, this stuff is quite potent. Add it little by little.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped parsley and you're done!Enjoy the scrambled tofu as a side, or put it onto a bread roll, combined with some hummus, margarine, spread… whatever you love!