Those things are a beast! Filled with many good things that your body needs. They support you with a good amount of protein as well as rich omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Both the dates as well many types of nuts are also excellent Iron sources. By adding a healthy whole grain, you have a complete set of amino acids.
The high density of calories gives you a good boost for your upcoming workout. The minerals like magnesium, calcium help your body to recover and grow as well.
The best part is, that it is incredibly easy and fast to make them. Got a food processor in the kitchen? Well then let’s go!
Protein Power Balls
- Food Processor
- 100 g Mixed Nuts Whatever You Fancy
- 100 g Dates Seeds removed
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder Sugar-Free
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil To help Stick
Additional Fluff – Pick One or More
- 5 tbsp Puffed Amaranth
- 5 tbsp Rolled Oats
- 3 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Coconut Flakes
- Cocoa Powder Sugar-Free
- Separate the dates from their seeds, blend together for a couple of seconds with the nuts and the cocoa powder.The mass should be crumbly, but stick together when you press it.If this is not the case, your dates might be too dry and you can add some stickiness with a scoop of coconut oil.
- Add some fluff to the mass (I love puffed amaranth, but oats, chia or sesame seeds are excellent as well) and stir it shortly on low speed. We don't want to blend our new ingredients, we just want to mix them in.
- Prepare 2 soup plates or small bowls and fill in some cocoa powder and coconut flakes.Take a bit of your nut-dough and shape it into a ball between your rotating palms. Toss the ball into either the cocoa powder or coconut flakes