What would the world be without hummus? This delicious, nutritious, decent dip! I can eat it with almost anything. Done in less than 10 minutes, super affordable and always a welcome guest on parties.
There is a lot of crap out there in the supermarket shelves that calls itself hummus. But how many of them fail to stick to the basics. A good hummus does not need much, it falls and raises with the quality of its ingredients. So the fresher your ingredients, the greater the results.
As the base of course you need chick peas. If you want the real deal, you should boil them at home instead of buying canned chickpeas. If you can, soak the chickpeas overnight. That allows them to soak up enough water to reach their original size. Like this, you can boil them faster. So get rid of that soaking water and rinse properly, before you start boiling. Depending on whether you do soak them or not, you should boil them for at least 1 and a half to 2 hours.
For the rest of the ingredients: Choose fresh!
- Food Processor
- 400 g Chickpeas boiled and rinsed
- 3 tbsp Tahini Sesame Paste
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced.
- 30 ml Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 100 ml Water
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander Seeds optional
- Into the blender with the ingredients. Press some buttons, wait and Stop!Transfer the mass into a bo… don't touch the blades now! Get a spatula and transfer it into a bowl for serving. And you are done.
- I lied. You're not done. You maybe want to decorate it. So sprinkle some olive oil, ground cumin, sesame seeds and green stuff on top. You know the deal.