Who doesn’t know and love guacamole? No, I’m not talking about the pre-packaged stuff you find in the supermarkets – I mean the freshly made, flavour filled and natural version you can easily make at home. Eat it with Nachos, on bread of bring it as a side to your next barbecue.
Classically A Guacamole comes with chili and coriander. I understand that not everybody likes them. The good about guacamole is that it also tastes great without those.
The very basic version of guacamole is just mashed avocado with lime. It’s not the real thing, but still it surely is tasty. From here, you can decide which ingredients to add on.
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato Roma
- 1 pinch Chopped Cilantro Coriander Greens
- Pepper and Salt
- Start off with cutting the avocado in half and removing the seed. It's recommended keeping the seed, as it slows down the oxidation if you keep it in your guacamole.Take out the pulp off the shell and mash it with a fork until creamy. Mix the lime juice with the mashed avocado.
- Peel and chop the onion in small pieces. Cut the tomato, remove the seeds and chop on. Mix both into your green mass.
- Chop some chili and coriander (cilantro) and add it as well. Keep some of it to sprinkle it on top for some eye-candy. Add some pepper and salt if you like.
- Enjoy with nachos, on bread or as a side.