You know those days when you are just desiring some sweet junk food and you just cannot help it. Well then I got some good news for you. You can follow your needs and still give your body some healthy treat.
With those easy peasy to make oatmeal cookies, you snack some real treasures. Oats are packed with fiber, are rich in minerals like iron and magnesium and hold a good load of essential proteins. By replacing white sugar with the sweetness of dates you add vitamins and antioxidants on top, while not sacrificing the good taste. Fats are not needed at all, so your hips will thank you!
So whenever it is one of those days when your heart asks for some treat, take the chance and surprise yourself with something both joyful, sweet and healthy.
- Food Processor
- 1 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cups Dates Seeds Removed
- 1/3 cups Soy Milk Or any alternative
Flavour and Crunch
- 1/3 cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 pinch Vanilla optional
- Preheat the oven at 180° C.Measure one cup of oats and blend it well.Remove the seeds of some dates, fill the next cup with it.Add the dates and one third of a cup of your favorite plant milk into the blender as wellnow give it a good mix at high speed until you got an even mass.
- Now to the flavoring:clean your cup and give some tasty ingredients. To get started with this recipe, I use some chocolate bits, chia seeds and vanillaother great ingredients are peanuts and peanut butter, almonds, orange peel with cloves and nutmeg… there is many possible combinations.
- Shape some balls of dough and press them against a parchment paper on a baking tray. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes and let them cool down afterwards.Enjoy!